6.9.07

I Miss You

I really miss my friends and family this week. Not that I didn't miss them before, but it wasn't as pervasive as how I feel this week. I'm painfully aware that I've made no effort to meet new people, and I've convinced myself that no one will ever be as good as the ones I already have. Stupid, I know. And I've also realised that I am actually not a good candidate for the hermit life. It is good for me in small doses, but not as a rule. Funny I would come to suburbia to see that.... there is a little theory growing, that people actually go to the city to get away from other people, to wrap themselves in anonymity, to feel closeness without connecting. And people go to the country to become part of a community. Everyone knows who you are. Period. The only city that I've been to that seems to have little neighborhood communities is New York. I guess I need to explore some more to disprove my theory.

I wish I could go to the Art Hop this weekend. That was always one of my favorite events in Btown. And now Wasuck is presiding over a paintball blasthole, will someone shoot a print and send it to me? xo

2 comments:

Penelope said...

I'm really afraid of the gun, but I'll definitely be sure to shoot of picture of the gun blasting the screen print and send it to you.

Miss you too Poopy.

therucchishow said...

I miss you a shit ton.