5.6.07

What is in a Name?

My band needs a name. The guys asked me what I thought. I've never really been in this position. It's a very strange sort of on-the-spot. On the one hand, it's flattering to be asked to come up with a name, and empowering to have that sort of input. Because a band's name is very important. It should reflect the sound, and the character of the people involved. It should be intriguing, so that people are curious to hear the music, and it should validate one's loving the sound. So that if someone hears the music and incorporates it into their life, they don't need to feel the hot shame of telling their friends that their favorite auration du jour comes from the likes of "The Fartheads" or "Vomitorium Banquet". (Two names I considered briefly, but then discarded for one of the above reasons...)

I have one idea, but it's from the book I just finished (with a flourish of "holy shit"'s). And I need a moment to recover and process before solidifying my reaction in that way. Does anyone have any ideas? So far I have Monstre Charmant. Hee Hee. That's my brainstorm.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Wait, so does this mean you finished the book? What do you think?